I’ve been thinking about Project Life lately. It’s coming up to a new year, and although I did badly with it this year, I’m determined that 2015 will be a bit more successful! I’m excited to get back to documenting everyday life next year, since I’ve been working on my photo management to make it a little easier.
To make my process easier, I have set up a my double page template already, and saved all 52 weeks of it already. This way, I just have to open the week, add some photos, journalling cards and journalling, save it, and I’m done! I figure this step will save me at least a few minutes for each spread, which will add up over the course of the year!
I will be sticking with weekly digital pages, just like the last 2 years and will be turning them into a 12×12 photo book at the end, same as before. I’ll also be using my weekly planning sheets again to document, which I’ve already printed out and dated, although I did forget to update the year to 2015 on them. If you want a copy, you can go here or click on the image below to download the file.
Some other thoughts for this year:
- I don’t think I will do title cards this year. I will likely include the dates on my Week in Review card, or on a photo. This will be decided for sure in the first couple of week of the year though.
- I will likely still record my monthly goals each month, but will not make up a set format for it. I like the idea of making it up as I go and changing it around.
- Unlike 2013 when I used a quote set from Elise, and 2014 when I used the Currently cards from RUKristin, I will not be using any set filler cards each week. I will likely still add these sorts of things in as I come across quotes that I like or want to document in this way though.
- I will still mostly stick with design A page protectors, but changing these up if I feel like it on a particular spread, for example if I want to include a larger photo. My weeks will also continue to run Monday to Sunday
- I love myk Week in Review cards each week as they are a great way to give an overview of the week without journalling on most individual cards, so I will be continuing to do this each week.
- I will continue using Cathy Zielski’s Life Basics No 1 Templates for something a little different. I like the less rounded corners and the clean white background
- I’m not going to use any set kit for the year. Instead I will be choosing one kit for each spread and going from there. I will likely continue to recolour a lot of the different elements, as well.
- Just like last year, I would like to include more photos of myself, along with me and Michael. I did a bit better with this in 2014, but still not great.
To find out more about Project Life, you can check out Becky Higgins blog here, which has lots of photo ideas and inspiration. You can see all of my Project Life 2014 posts here, and 2013 Project Life posts here. I also have this post of Tips and Ideas for Documenting Week in the Life, which has many ideas that can carry over to Project Life easily.