This is our first Christmas in our new house. It is an exciting time and here are a few things I’ve been thinking about:
- Where to set up my decorations. I knew where everything went in the previous place. Here, I get to decide how to decorate all over again! I’ve now realised I need to get a few more things to round out our decorations downstairs
- Projects I would like to make for Christmas here: a Christmas tree skirt, a Santa hat for my elf planter, and a Christmas table runner. I’m sure there will be more, but these are the few on my mind right now.
- Being a home owner leads to boring Christmas presents… Me and Michael have decided our present to each other will be getting our stove and range hood installed!
- Work that we plan on doing here over the Christmas break includes digging out countless tonnes of soil from our backyard to get drainage down. Thankfully, we’ll have a helper for at least a few days!
- Christmas presents this year with be simplified since we have so much on. Pretty much movie tickets and movie snacks all round! If I order them through my work, they’ll even be delivered to me!
- I’m hoping to actually post our Christmas cards this year, but considering I still have not made them, I doubt this will end up happening. Also, why are 5×7 inch envelopes so hard to find anywhere this year?
- This is Mum’s first Christmas living in America. I miss her, since she always makes Christmas so special. I hope she has an amazing white Christmas though and enjoys the time away! Also, need to get her present in the post!
- I have big plans for my One Little Word for next year. It’s been chosen for about a month already, and I’ve been thinking about it a lot. I’m still enjoying working towards Balance this year, and will be sad to see it go though.
- I have 2 planners ready to go for next year. One is a Personalised Planner that I won, and the other is a Kikki K planner that I will be customizing for everything. I can’t wait to start filling the pages!
- I am looking really looking forward to time with family and friends, a few days off work and Christmas ham and trifle already. It is going to be a good Christmas this year. I can feel it!