I’m not a huge fan of winter, but there are some things that I definitely love about this time of the year, so I thought I would record a few as a reminder for when the days get icy cold and I don’t want to do much of anything!
- It’s perfect weather for knitting a blanket!
- It’s a great excuse to snuggle under blankets and watch movies or TV episodes and not feel guilty
- I can make lots of soups and slow cooker meals, stuff I don’t often eat at other times of the year
- The sun rises later so I can enjoy some nice sunrises while getting ready or driving to work
- I love curling up and reading a good book so much more in winter!
- It’s tea and coffee weather! I don’t drink hot drinks much at other times of the year. I tend to like them a whole lot more in winter, especially the weekly coffee dates we’ve started
- It’s a great time to make plans for the outdoor areas of our house so we can start tackling them in spring
- It’s soaking in the tub weather! Not much beats a soak in the bath on a cold day!
- I get more sleep. When it’s cold and wet outside, I tend to go to bed earlier because my bed is super warm
- My Winter Manifesto project! This is such a fun thing to work towards each winter!