I love travel… Trying new foods, learning about new cultures, experiencing new places. It’s one of my favourite (and to be fair, my most expensive!) hobbies! I try to go overseas at least once a year, since I first went away in 2008 with my sister. So far I have been to Bali twice, Mauritius, around Europe (England, France, Italy, Austria, Greek Islands, Germany, Czech Republic, Switzerland and Amsterdam), Egypt, New Zealand and Thailand.
Even with having travelled to all of these places, there is still many more places I want to go, so I thought this months 10 things post would be about some of the places I want to go to next. I have travel on the brain at the moment, since I have no trip planned for this year, and am hoping I can fit something fun but affordable in later in the year.
- Spain – The language is sexy, the dancing is sexy and the people are sexy! I think this would be an amazing experience. I hope I can go for Running of the Bulls and La Tomatina while I’m there!
- South America – Especially Brazil, Argentina, Columbia, Peru and Chile. I think places such as Machu Picchu, the Amazon Rainforest, Galapagos Islands, Rio, the Angel Falls, Cuzco, Buenos Aires and so much more, would be amazing, and I think it would be fun to go on a teaching holiday over there.
- Turkey – This one surprised me when I was travelling Europe and Egypt… I never had an interest in going until I heard so many amazing stories about it. The architecture and Turkish baths especially seem worth the visit.
- Japan – I learnt Japanese for a while in high school (no, I don’t remember much now!), and I learnt a lot about Japan. I love Japanese cars, Copics came from here, and anime and cos play are just fun feature of Japan! I’d love to see the Cherry Blossom Festival, as well
- Bali again – Michael has never been, and I would love to go back. It’s a cheap holiday in comparison to most places, and when we stay in Kuta, it is so easy to get around and there is so much to do! Waterbomb Park and Bali Safari and Marine park are favourites. I would also like to do a cooking class there
- Australia – To be honest, I haven’t traveled my own country all that much, and I really would love to see even more. I especially want to learn to scuba dive in the Great Barrier Reef (we’re already decided it’s going to be our 10 year anniversary trip, so the count down is on!), go to Ayres Rock, swim with whale sharks off the Western Australia Coast, drive the Great Ocean Road, and swim with great white sharks in South Australia. A little bit of most states 🙂
- Canada – I’d love to see the Canadian side of Niagara Falls, along with the Rockies. I’d also love to visit Montreal (the second largest French-speaking city in the world after Paris!). Mostly, it’s the nature stuff though… It looks like such a beautiful place!
- America – Being such a big country, there is so much to see or do here, but some of the things I most want to do are exploring New York, visiting Disney land, eloping in Hawaii, going to Niagara Falls, Vegas baby!, New Orleans during Mardi Gras, Hollywood, Washington, Grand Canyon, Yellowstone Park and the Arizona desert. I think this would make an amazing driving holiday!
- A cruise of the South Pacific – I’ve never been on a cruise. After doing a Contiki tour, I’m not sure a cruise would suit the way I like to travel (longer periods of time in one place getting to explore the area well), but I think it would be an experience worth having, and lots of people I know rave about them
- Antarctica – I’m not a fan of the cold, but I can’t miss out a continent from the trip planning. I want to go to each one at least once! I want to see the wildlife here, and the glaciers mostly.
And because I have trouble stopping there, I also want to throw in a photo tour through Cambodia, then continuing around more of South East Asia, and also an African safari trip! See? I’ve been bit by the travel bug!