I have loved working on my ‘”I Choose” list each month last year. I know Choose was my 2013 word for the year, but I feel it still applies to me, and I have decided that instead of making resolutions at the start of the year, I will continue listing my 10 goals at the start of each month.
I didn’t do too badly with my December goals… I completed most of them, or at least made good progress with each, which makes me happy. Christmas time is already the busiest time of the year, so getting things done throughout it feels good, but what also feels good is rounding things up for the fresh start that a new year brings.
This month I will:
- Write daily. Between here, my diary entries and the 5 year journal I received for Christmas, that shouldn’t be overly hard
- Do Pilates daily. I started that in December, and this is something I really want to continue with because the changes with my body and in my mind are astounding to me
- Complete my 2013 December Daily album
- Print a photo book. I have 3 started, 2 of which are mostly done, so now to start finishing projects!
- Complete the month of Project Life layouts for my 2014 album. I’ll be sharing an update with my plans for this in the next couple of days
- Finish reading the Wicked Lovely books. I’m almost half way through book 3
- Participate in Cathy Zielski’s Move More, Eat Well Jumpstart class. I have my album set up and ready to go and I’m excited for this!
- Work on the January One Little Word prompt. My word for this year will be balance. I’ll have a post in a few days sharing more details
- Start a tradition with Michael of having a date night every week. We’re coming up with a list of ideas we’ll draw out of a jar each week
- Share photos daily on Instagram. It’s been awhile since I was sharing photos that regularly, and I’ve gotten out of the habit of taking photos regularly, so I’m hoping this will help me start again!
Choose was my One Little Word for 2013, that I used to help guide me throughout the year. It’s still relevant in my life, so I will continue sharing an “I Choose” post at the start of each month.
You can see my “Choose” posts here.
If you don’t know what One Little Word is, you can read more about it in this post from Ali Edwards. I will be undertaking Ali’s One Little Word class again this year, and creating an album about my word and the changes it’s manifesting in my life.