Spring is my favourite time of the year. Not to hot, not to cold, and still plenty of daylight hours to enjoy! Since it is newly spring here in Australia, I decided to share 10 of my favourite things about the season.
- Spring footwear. And by that, I mean my trusty Havaianas! I need to get a black set again, since my white ones still have the burn marks from the incense in Thailand that was dropped on them. I have now gotten past the stage of initial blisters, and have been wearing these everywhere again!
- Everything blooming and coming back to life. I love photographing cool flowers when I see them, and this season is full of beautiful blooms! I’m yet to have been to check out the in-laws garden this season though
- Daylight savings. This started over the weekend, and while it initially sucks for the first few days by losing an hours sleep, I love the extra light in the evenings… I feel like I get home and have plenty of daylight hours left to get stuff done. It’s such a great feeling!
- Eating out on the balcony. This is one of my favourite traditions we started last year. There is something so awesome about sitting outside to eat our dinner in the fresh air, and sometimes even at sunset. We also do this at Mum’s and the in-laws on occasion, too. It makes me even more excited for our alfresco area in the new place! And BBQing on the balcony is always a win, and it’s officially BBQ weather again!
- Walking around the river during my lunch breaks, and random evening walks. It’s too wet during winter, and too hot during summer to talk in the middle of the day, so spring is the best time to visit the river. Added bonus is that there are cute little ducklings there too! Evening walks with Michael is also something we up again at this time of the year.
- Spring cleaning. Spring and Autumn are the times of year that I am really motivated to get cleaning and organising jobs done. I feel like with the changes in temperature, I need to change things up, and will usually clean then decorate areas.
- Being able to open the windows and blinds up throughout the day. Fresh air throughout the house is always a plus, and having the blinds open here in the afternoon lets all sorts of good light through the place. I love it!
- Picnics. We don’t do this often enough, but it’s always fun when we do. I have a few different picnic foods I want to try out this year, and will likely share here once I do.
- Outdoor adventures. Sailing, kayaking, bush walks, trips to the City to explore, gardening, and so much more. This is the best time to get out an about! I just need to remember to always pack the sunscreen!
- Fruit salad for breakfast. I’m not a big fruit person, but for the last few weeks I’ve been loving getting fruit salad for breakfast a couple of times a week! So refreshing, and such a nice change from the oats I was having most days during winter!