I spent some time last week baking up a storm and making 3 batches of muffins since I wanted a quick and easy breakfast option. They turned out rather good, so I figured I’d share the recipe here so that I have it when I want to make them again! This recipe makes 9 muffins.
- vegetable oil for greasing the muffin tray
- 2 tablespoons honey (I plan on using 3-4 next time for a little more sweetness)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup white self-raising flour
- Fruit (I used 2 bananas for one batch, a punnet of blueberries for another batch, and a punnet of raspberries for the 3rd batch)
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- Brush muffin pan with oil to grease
- Mash banana, or chop berries
- Add honey, oil and milk and mix well
- Sift in the flours and mix together quickly. It doesn’t matter if the batter is a little lumpy
- Spoon mixture into muffin pans and bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean
These can be eaten warm or at room temperature. They last for about a week, but can easily be frozen as well. I’ll definitely be making these again though, since 2 of these makes for a great breakfast that really keeps me going throughout the morning.