A few things that have been inspiring me this month:
- The Zen Habits blog – I’ve read this on and off for a few years now, and I always find what Leo has to say extremely inspiring. He writes about simplifying his life, making changes, being productive, how he got to be where he is in life and much more. I find that when I read through his posts, there is always something that helps inspire or motivate me in one way of another.
- The Studio Calico Summer Stamp School – I signed up for this last week because I love the stamp set and want to learn how to use stamps better. I find them great for card making, and I’m looking forward to trying something new.
- A new site similar to Oh Life called Grateful160. This site emails you up to 4 times a day prompting you to reply with something you are grateful for. I have it set to send me emails once a day, and make an effort to reply to each one, even when I’ve had a bad day, since there is always something to be grateful for. At the end of each week, your responses from the week are emailed back to you so you can reread them.
- Genesis Fitness – This is the gym near home that I’ve started going to every 1-2 days. I’m loving it so far! I’ve also signed up with a personal trainer there, and she’s working me quite hard, but I feel so much better for it. This is the first time in years I’ve actively seeked out something this active! It’s great that it’s within walking distance, too!
- Copic markers – I did a beginners copic class in June, and I’m booked for an intermediate one in July. I had never used these markers up until then, and I have to say, I love them! It was fun learning different techniques, and ways to blend them. I’m looking forward to using them on many cards in the future! I need to build up my collection a lot more though… So far I have 17, but there are quite a few colours missing! The class was at Pages to Scrap on the Central Coast if anyone else is interested.
- Knitting – I’ve never really been a fan in the past, but lately I’m enjoying it! I’ve been practising so far, but I’m about to start making a knitted blanket, which is exciting!