Usually I work Fridays. Since today’s a public holiday for Good Friday, I had the day off, which makes me super happy. I won’t be seeing Mum and my sister’s on Easter day, so we took a trip to Australia Walkabout Wildlife Park. There ended up being 7 of us there (Mum and Ken, Bec and Zane, Samantha, and of course, me and Michael), which made for a fun day.
We got to pet kangaroos, emus and koalas, see dingos and quolls, watch Tasmanian devils getting fed (and almost taking their keepers leg off in the process!), learnt how to throw a boomerang and spent the day wandering. Mum packed a fantastic picnic lunch for us all, and we it was a super relaxing day.
While the whole day was fantastic, there were a few highlights:
- Sitting at the top of the lookout watching the cars going by on the freeway, enjoying the amazing breeze
- Watching an emu sneak up on Samantha during lunch, until it was right over her shoulder, and having a good laugh at her screaming when she realised it was there! She doesn’t like birds too much at all
- Having the same emu sneak up on Mum and steal her bread roll straight off her plate while we all watched and laughed. Mum was quite upset about that, especially when the emu didn’t like it at all and just dropped it and walked off
- Checking out the dingos, who look just like a pet dogs
- Walking for hours on end, and at least a few kilometres and not even noticing it at all!
- The awesome weather for the day!